Chia seeds have been around for a long time and the important benefits they provide are countless. The oil extracted from chia seeds is also not behind and is very beneficial for our hair and skin. Many professionals recommend the use of chia seeds oil because you can witness its positive effects in a short period of time.
Chia seeds have omega3 fatty acids, fiber and many other minerals essential for our body. Chia seeds also have cancer-fighting properties. People also eat chia seeds for staying less hungry for a longer period of time. This prevents them from eating at non-fooding times.
Let’s have a look at some of the benefits of chia seed oil given below:
Table of Contents
- 1 Chia seeds oil have antioxidant properties
- 2 Chia oil helps in hydrating the skin
- 3 Chia oil helps in hair growth
- 4 Chia oil sorts out the hair graying problem
- 5 Chia seeds oil have anti-inflammatory properties too
- 6 Where can you buy chia seed oil?
- 7 Foods Alive Chia Seed Oil, Artisan Cold-Pressed
- 8 Yet more benefits of chia seeds oil
- 9 Culinary uses of chia seed oil
- 10 The oil and the seed
Chia seeds oil have antioxidant properties
Everybody these days is concerned about their looks. People racing towards their 30s or 40s are too surprisingly having trouble with wrinkle problems or say they look older than their actual present age. We might just have the right thing for you if you too are finding a tough time with your looks.
- Chia seeds oil has an anti-oxidant property that slows down the aging process. Omega-3 fatty acids present in it play the key role in it. Omega-3 fatty acids have other roles to play as well, if instead of using chia oil, we eat chia seeds.
- An interesting fact about Omega 3 fatty acids found in fishes is that Omega3 fatty acids are a very good source to improve cardiovascular health (Heart health).
- Chia oil can also deal with dark spots on the skin that make you look older.
Chia oil helps in hydrating the skin
People also have the problem with dry skin these days. The main reason behind this is that they consume less water. Water is the key thing that keeps our skin glowing if our body is well hydrated. But if this is not the reason for your dry skin problem then you might want to try chia seeds oil on your skin.
Chia seeds are hydrophilic in nature i.e. they love water and applying some oil extracted from the seeds on your skin might pull up some water from the tissues. You should drink enough water even if you don’t have the dry skin problem and try some chia seeds oil.
If your skin is dry every time then you will have to be aware that your body needs water and you are not consuming enough liquid. If that continues then just be careful and drink required amount of water otherwise you will have to face dehydration problem.
Chia oil helps in hair growth
How many of us are facing hair fall or hair thinness problem? There are many among us who face such problems. Also, some of us wear caps on our head in order to hide the problem and dodge embarrassment. That’s not the real way to dodge embarrassment as somehow someone would find the reason why you are covering your head. To combat the hair loss problem try some chia seeds oil for your hair.
- Chia seeds contain a good amount of protein and our hair too require it.
- Chia oil can help with the problem of thin hair and also help in cell development for hair growth.
- You can apply chia oil directly on your hair and also a few drops for styling it. If you want you can also mix some water to dilute it.
Chia oil sorts out the hair graying problem
Gray hair makes you look old and dull. Chemical coloring and other treatments of gray hair can dig a hole in your pocket and can also harm your hair in the long run. But what if we suggest you an easy and effective tip for the grey hair? You would probably jump and ask about the way to reverse or stop the graying of your hair. And our answer remains the same, try and apply some chia seeds oils on your hair.
Copper is not a well-known element for our body as sodium, iron, potassium and some other vitamins but it indeed has some properties that can help you with your hair graying problem. Surprisingly chia seeds oil contain copper too. You will also get smooth and shiny hair with the regular application of this oil.
Chia seeds oil have anti-inflammatory properties too
Have you heard of the term inflammation before? In biology, we describe inflammation as a complex biological reaction of body tissues to external and harmful stimuli, like pathogens, damaged cells or annoyances. Inflammation, in general, is a protective response involving immune cells and blood vessels or you can say it is a confined physical condition in which the part of the body becomes mottled, swollen or extremely painful.
So, basically, it’s a sign to make you aware of the problem going on in your body. But if that troubles you too much? If you have got inflammation problem on your skin then chia seeds oil can help you to some extent and soothe your skin. It can also help in relieving acne blotches too. The reason is that chia seeds are a powerhouse of anti-inflammatory properties!
Where can you buy chia seed oil?
Chia seed oil is not available at all the stores because of its high price. Though, you can easily find it online. Below is top rated chia seed oil on Amazon.
Yet more benefits of chia seeds oil
Chia seeds have antioxidants as we mentioned above. So, this is one factor that does not allow chia seed oil to go rancid before its expiry date. It might stay for long if its quality is high and not mixed with other chemicals.
Chia seed oil is lighter and thick and can be easily applied to the skin and hair and the oil gets inside the skin and hair more easily as it is not that thick. It can also act as a moisturizer to some extent. You can also add a few drops of chia seeds oil on the moisturizer you already use.
Culinary uses of chia seed oil
- Chia seeds oil is indeed as good as olive oil! You can try many delicious recipes using this healthy oil.
- If you aren’t much of cooking fanatic but like to taste new things then you can give a go by consuming chia oil straight from the spoon.
- And if that does not do anything good for your taste buds, you can integrate this oil into your diet by using it as a salad dressing ingredient. Any kind of salad you prefer would be good as long as you are satisfied.
- You can also add some of the chia oil to your beloved smoothies. If you are an experimenting freak try adding some to yogurts or oatmeals or in your everyday dishes.
The oil and the seed
Both chia oil and chia seeds have their benefits. Chia seeds have their own benefits and chia oil has its own benefit. There isn’t much of difference between the two but there are a few which is worth mentioning. Chia seeds oil contain more omega3 fatty acids than chia seeds. And one benefit of chia oil over chia seeds is that chia oil can be used in almost any dish without altering your daily taste. Now, if you are a cooking freak then you might catch the difference.
The negative point about chia seeds oil is that it has good calories and can make you gain weight. If you compare the nutrient contents of both the oil and seeds then you will find that chia seeds have an upper hand in this part of the picture. Chia seeds contain more amount of fiber and good carbs. If omega3 fatty acids are in the lime light then chia seeds also contain a good amount of those.
If you consume chia seed oil in high amount then you would probably gain weight. The weight gaining effect is same as that caused by vegetable oils. But again, if your consumption rate is in moderation then definitely you will get all the benefits of the nutrients present in the oil.
Chia oil has very low cholesterol, though. Most of the fats it contains are Polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA). If you are on medication, you should consult your doctor before trying to include chia oil in your food!
Pin this image to your board