Chicken malai tikka
The sheer mentioning of ‘Chicken malai tikka’ is enough to stimulate your taste buds! However, you will have to taste it in order to enjoy its real pleasure. For those who do not know let me tell you that chicken malai tikka are small sized grilled pieces of chicken with cream marination and an awesome flavor. Hailing from the vivid and popular Mughal cuisine, the chicken malai tikkas have become popular all over the world.
Chicken malai tikka is called so because it also contains a significant amount of cream and cheese as well. Apart from the main ingredients chicken and cream, this mouth watering preparation also contains garlic, chilli, cardamom, coriander and garam masala which is a combination of several hot spices.
Warm, soft, creamy and drippy chicken malai tikka can be served as a rich and fulfilling snack. With a rich and appealing look and an exceptionally delightful taste, chicken malai tikka can be often seen in high-class gatherings.
Hung curd is a very important part of this recipe. This gives required moisture to chicken pieces.
Cheese helps in giving bite to the pieces and also the taste which keeps lingering on your tongue for a long time after you have malai tikka.
It is important that marination is kept for as long as it is possible because it helps in absorption of spices and flavors by the chicken.
- Hung curd - 200 gms
- Cheese - 100 gms
- Lemon - 1 medium to big
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Garlic cloves - 3 to 4 finely chopped
- Ginger paste - 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper - 1 teaspoon
- Chicken - 500 gms (boneless thighs or breast pieces)
- Marinate the chicken pieces with salt and lemon and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Now mix hung curd, cheese and black pepper well and add to the marination. Coat the chicken well with the mixture and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven at 250 C for 20 minutes. Put the chicken pieces either on skewers or on the baking plate and bake for 15 minutes.
- Apply butter every 5 minutes if you want to have real taste of this mughlai recipe, else without butter will do just fine.
- Take the chicken out of the skewers and serve with sliced onion and green chutney.