We know you love carbs which is why we’re making our Tijuana street fries!
Tijuana Street Fries
Author: Obsev Food
Recipe type: Snacks
- Baking Sheet
- 1 lb Tomatillos
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves
- 8 Dried Chiles
- 1 Large Can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- ¼-1/2 c. Half and Half
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 Chipotle
- 4 oz. Sharp Cheddar
- 8 oz. Oaxaca Cheese
- 2 tbsp. Cilantro Honey Salt Lime Juice
- Lay down a baking sheet over a pan. Add your tomatillos, garlic, then pop in the broiler for 5-8 minutes or until charred.
- De-stem your chillis and toast in a pan on a medium high heat. You only need 30 seconds for each side.
- Add your tomatillos, garlic, chiles, a drizzle of honey, large pinch of salt, some lime juice, and fire roasted tomatoes to a blender. Blend until you get an even mix.
- Place your sauce pan over a medium high heat and add ¼ - ½ cup of half and your cream cheese. Cook down then turn heat to medium low.
- Add your chipotle, cheddar, and Oaxaca. Cook down and add cream as needed to keep a smooth consistency.
- Finally add your cilantro.
- Add your french fries to a baking pan and cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes at 450 degrees. Plate your fries, drizzle with cheese, add meat if you’d like, top with salsa and more cheese.
- Garnish with whatever else you’d like, we used guacamole and even more cheese!