Jeera Mathri Recipe
A crisp munchy snack for the rainy days.
Author: Anju Bhagnari
Recipe type: Snacks
- Maida -1 cup
- Ghee - 2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Roasted jeera - ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper powder - ¼ teaspoon
- Ice cold water as needed
- Oil, for deep frying
- Take the maida in a big bowl and add ghee.
- Using only your fingertips, rub in the ghee into the flour. It will resemble bread crumbs.
- Add in the salt, jeera and black pepper powder.
- Using as little water as possible, knead a tight dough.
- Cover and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Make small balls from the dough.
- Roll out little thick rotis.
- Prick all over with a fork so that they do not puff up while frying.
- Ready all the Mathris like this and spread them in a big tray and let dry for sometime.
- This helps in making them crisp without soaking too much oil while frying.
- Heat up some oil in a pan.
- Now, add in 1 or 2 Mathri at a time and fry on low flame.
- Remove on paper towels and let them cool down by spreading around in a tray.
- This also helps in retaining the crunchiness.
- Fry all Mathris and cool completely before storing in airtight jars or tiffins.