Sprouted pulses are very nutritious. Incorporating them in our daily diet has many health benefits. Many people don't like to have them raw, specially kids. So, we can cook and serve them. This gives them a new look and flavor too.
Author: Anju Bhagnari
Recipe type: Lunch
Serves: 4 servings
- Sprouted Moong, 1 cup
- Garlic pods, 4
- Cumin seeds, ½ teaspoon
- Salt, to taste
- Red chilli powder, ¼ teaspoon
- Green chilli, 1
- Curry leaves, 10
- Green coriander leaves, to garnish
- Turmeric powder, ¼ teaspoon
- Water, as needed
- Oil, 1 teaspoon
- In a pressure cooker heat the oil.
- Keep the flame low.
- Chop the garlic pods.
- Add to the heated oil.
- Toss in the cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Let them splutter.
- The garlic pods should turn light golden brown.
- Put in the sprouted moong.
- Season with salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder.
- Also, chop the green chilli and add it too.
- Saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add in water as per the consistency preferred.
- Generally, the water should be about 2 to 3 times the Moong.
- Now, pressure cook for 2 whistles on high flame.
- Lower the flame and cook for 2 whistles more.
- Let the pressure release on its own.
- Garnish with green coriander leaves.
- Serve with plain boiled rice.
- In place of sprouted moong, green moong can also be used.
- In that case,wash and soak them overnight