Methi Masala Poori
A complete meal by itself.
Author: Anju Bhagnari
Recipe type: Brunch
Serves: 8 puris
- Whole Wheat Flour, 1 cup
- Salt, to taste
- Red chilli powder, ½ teaspoon
- Kasuri Methi, 1 teaspoon
- Green Coriander leaves,1 tablespoon
- Oil, as needed
- Water, as needed
- In a bowl, take the flour, salt and red chilli powder.
- Lightly crush the kasuri Methi and add to it.
- Finely chop the green coriander leaves and add to the atta mix.
- Using water little by little, knead a medium soft dough.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat up oil for deep frying in a thick bottom pan.
- Make small balls from the dough.
- Roll out puris.
- When the oil heats up, lower the flame to medium.
- Slowly, slide in the puri.
- Let it cook on one side.
- Turn it over and let fry till golden brown.
- If you want fluffy puris, do not press while frying.
- For flatter puris, press lightly with a slotted spoon.
- Remove on paper towels so that extra oil drips off.
- Ready all puris like this.
- Serve hot