Methi Matar Dal
Methi Matar Dal Recipie is a simple but aromatically appetizing mix of methi leaves and steamed dals in tempered Indian spices.
Author: Anju Bhagnari
Recipe type: Main Dish
Serves: 4 servings
- Yellow moong dal, ½ cup
- Methi leaves, ½ cup
- Boiled peas,¼ cup
- Garlic pods, 5
- Salt To taste
- Red chilli powder, ½ teaspoon
- Haldi , ½ teaspoon
- Tomato, 1 large
- Fresh Cream, 1 tablespoon
- Wash and soak the dal for 1 hour.
- Boil the peas till almost done.
- Wash and chop the methi leaves.
- In cooker heat oil and fry garlic.
- Add methi leaves and fry for 5 minutes on slow gas.
- Add dal and fry for 5 more minutes.
- Add tomatoes and all masalas.
- Add 2 cups of water and cook on full flame for 2 whistles.
- Mash lightly with pav bhaji masher
- Add in the boiled peas and bring to a boil.
- Add in the fresh Cream and mix well.
- Adjust the seasonings as per taste.
- Serve with rice or rotis.