Stuffed Veg Burger Buns Recipe
Healthy and Hygienic Home Made Burger Buns
Author: Anju Bhagnari
Recipe type: Snacks
Serves: 8 buns
Burger Patty Ingredients
- Cabbage, 1 cup
- Potatoes, boiled 2
- Grated carrot, 1
- Boiled Peas, ½ cup
- Brown bread crumbs, 2 slices
- Salt, to taste
- Red chilli powder, ½ teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste, ½ teaspoon
- Jeera powder, ¼ teaspoon
- Dhania powder, ¼ teaspoon
- Garam masala powder, ½ teaspoon
- Bread crumbs, to dip the patty
- Oil,for deep frying
Bread Buns Ingredients
- 1½ cup Whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoon to knead if dough is too sticky ( Might not be needed )
- ¾ to 1 cup of water and milk in 50:50 ratio
- ¾ teaspoon dry yeast
- ¾ teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Mayonnaise, 3 tablespoon
- Tomato Ketchup, 3 tablespoon
- Amul Processed Cheese,grated, 4 cubes
For Burger Patty
- Mix all the above ingredients for Burger Patty and form a dough.
- Make small balls and flatten them.
- Dip in bread crumbs.
- Shallow or Deep fry to golden brown.
For the Buns
- Add sugar to the milk and water mixture.
- Heat it to lukewarm and sprinkle the yeast gently.
- Keep aside for about 10 minutes. It will rise, which shows your yeast is good.
- Take the atta in a big plate or dish and add the salt.
- Add the frothed yeast liquid to the flour and mix it up gently.
- Start kneading for about 12-15 minutes. Add 2 tablespoon oil while kneading.
- If the mixture is bit dry add 1-2 tablespoon of milk.
- The flour will be very sticky at first but will come together on kneading.
- Keep it in an oiled dish and cover with cling wrap and keep for proofing in a warm place.
- Depending on the weather the dough will swell up in 1-2 hours.
- Gently punch it once and divide the batter into equal size balls.
- Roll like rotis and apply a layer of ketchup and mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle little grated cheese.
- Keep one burger patty.
- Cover like we do for stuffed parathas.
- Arrange all such buns on a baking tray and line with butter paper.
- Let them proof for 30 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, preheat the oven to 200 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Apply little oil on all buns.
- Sprinkle white sesame seeds.
- Bake for 12 minutes or till Done.
- Serve hot.