Here are 10 doable changes you need to bring in your daily habits to kiss goodbye to your extra bulges on your body.
- Make note of what you eat: Start by writing down what all you have eaten and in how much quantity during the day. Mention every single food item, even if it is just a bite of a cake or a handful of grapes. This will help you to understand your daily calorie intake and determine how to plan your weight loss diet.
- Exercise regularly: Walk, run, skip a rope, cycle, do yoga or dance – as long as you spend at least 30-40 minutes, five times a week challenging your body, it should help you in shedding weight. Try variations in exercises so that you don’t get bored easily.
- Say no to high fat foods: Start by limiting high calorie foods day – by – day. If you are eating high fat food five times in a day, make it four and then so on and so forth. Eating healthy food should be your goal now. Hang a chart of high fat and low-fat foods on your kitchen wall or refrigerator to make the choice easier for you.
- Chew your food patiently: Take your time while eating. Smell the food, have a look at it, make sure that you want to eat it. And, as you start eating it, chew slowly, and then only swallow. This practice makes sure that you do not over eat.
- Eat fruits, not juices: Eating whole or cut fruits instead of having a glass of fruit juice makes sure that you get more amount of fiber. So, though your stomach will be full sooner, but you will not feel hungry for long. Of course, keep away from fizzy drinks as much as you can.
- Take beauty sleep: There is lots to do on your plate, but that shouldn’t deter you from taking a good sleep. Your body requires at least 6-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Did you know lesser you sleep, the more you gain weight?
- Never skip breakfast: This is a golden rule that you have to follow daily. Having a healthy and wholesome breakfast boosts your energy and keeps you going for the whole day. It activates your metabolism and makes the weight loss process faster.
- Quit smoking and alcohol: Smoking and alcohol, as they say, are injurious to your lifestyle and health. When you smoke and drink, your body doesn’t crave for food. To keep your metabolism in check, it is necessary that your body is fed food every 2-3 hours.
- Drink more water: Drinking at least 12-16 glasses of water a day makes you feel full on stomach and hydrated. Try a glass of water instead of other drinks and beverages whenever you feel thirsty. Water also flushes out toxins from your body. Not to mention, it makes your skin look radiant!
- Hang out with like-minded people: Yes, go social! Hang out and talk to people who are trying to lose weight like you. You will not only get tips and tricks to get fit, but also get a bout of inspiration when your motivation hits a low.
Losing weight is difficult, but not impossible. Make these small changes in your life and see the result for yourself!