Are you hosting a party or having a party night outside with your girl friends? Then you are reading the right post! Here are six smashing cocktails that you need to try if you haven’t yet.
These cocktails have the flavor, aroma, colors and the sophistication that you and your friends would fall in love with. Before you go for these heavenly cocktails make sure you have had something to eat or else you won’t be able to try many of these and remember to drink responsibly.
Read on and enjoy these heavenly drinks ladies!
It is also known as Cosmo and is one of the top rated drinks preferred by the ladies. It might be the appealing dash of pink color in it or the classy glassware. It came into limelight when people watched Carrie Bradshaw on Sex and City sipping on her favorite pink drink.
For preparing this drink you should go for high range vodka and use fresh lime juice that would bring up the taste of the drink. It makes a huge difference to the drink if you add a peel of orange to it. This garnish adds a little sweetness to the drink and the orange essence minimizes the strength and scent of Vodka.
¼ cup of Vodka
1-tablespoon triple sec
1 and ½ tablespoon cranberry juice
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1 inch orange peel
Preparation (one serving)
1. Take a cocktail shaker and add Vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice, lime juice and little crushed ice in it. If you want more tart and tangy flavor you can add more lime juice as per your taste.
2. Now shake the cocktail shaker for about 30 seconds until the crushed ice chills the drink.
3. Take a martini glass and pour the drink in it.
4. Garnish the drink with a peel of orange and make it look more appealing.
It’s one of the best-known tequila based cocktails that has got a sharp taste. This refreshing drink can be made in many ways and can be nice summer cocktail. There are so many variations to the margaritas that you can surely find the best one for you. You can have your Margarita neat, on the rocks or frozen.
1 1/2 ounces of tequila
1/2 ounce of triple sec
1 ounce of fresh lime juice
Lime wedge for garnish
Salt to rim the glass (optional)
1. Mix tequila, triple sec, fresh lime juice and ice cubes in the cocktail shaker.
2. Shake well
3. Now salt the rim of the margarita glass, for best results put the glass in your freezer for 30 mins before you pour your drink.
4. Now pour the content of cocktail shaker in to the margarita glass.
5. Garnish the glass with a lemon wedge for that classy look
If you ever happen to be in an exotic summer resort or any summer vacation destination, you would know a Mojito. If not, then you need to go back for another vacation. This refreshing and sparkling minty cocktail can lift your mood any day anytime, but best enjoyed in summer time.
4 limes thinly sliced
5 fresh mint leaves
1. Put limes, mint leaves, sugar and rum in cocktail shaker and shake well. Crush the mint leaves before you put in the shaker for a strong minty-refreshing flavor
2. Pour all these together into a high ball glass
3. Add splash of soda to each glass.
THE MADERA EGGNOG
If you want a warm, rich and delicious cocktail during those chilly winter months, the there is nothing better than the Madera Eggnog. Slightly heavy on your stomach this drink is a perfect companion in your Christmas vacations near a fireplace.
1. Whisk egg, sugar and milk in a bowl.
2. Pour all these in to a saucepan and bring it to boil.
3. Once boiling, remove the saucepan from heat
4. Add 2 oz. of Madeira and Brandy to this mixture.
5. This frothy mixture now can be poured into mug and garnished with grated nutmeg.
6. Best when served hot.
This Frosty strawberry-citrus slush is a delight in hot summer. This drink can be enjoyed without any alcohol and can be easily made at home.
2 cups ice fully crushed
2-table spoon sugar
1 cup frozen strawberry
2-table spoon lime juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¾ cup rum
1. Take a blender and add ice, sugar, strawberries, rum, lime juice and lemon juice.
2. Blend until all these are smooth.
3. Add to this mixture splash of soda.
4. Pour the mixture in to martini glass.
This Popular cocktail is best for those hot summers to get that feeling of paradise. If you love the taste of pineapple and coconut then this the right drink for you. Perfect for a tropical getaway.
1.5 oz Light or gold rum
2 oz Coconut milk or 1 oz of coconut cream
2 oz Fresh pineapple juice
Cherry and pineapple wedges for garnish
1. In a cocktail shaker add rum, coconut milk, pineapple juice and crushed ice and shake well.
2. Strain all the mix into Hurricane glass.
3. Garnish the glass with a cherry and a pineapple wedge.
Also Read: Beat the summer heat – Fruit Custard Recipe
Pin this image to your board