- 15 Whole Red Chillies (de-seeded and soaked for 30 minutes)
- 2 tablespoons Onion (chopped)
- 12 Garlic Pods (finely chopped)
- 1 inch Ginger Piece (grated)
- ½ teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Light Soya Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 cup Water
- 1 small Onion (finely chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
Take the soaked red chillies in a mixer jar and grind to a smooth paste.
Add little water for ease of grinding.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan over low heat.
Add the garlic, ginger and the onion.
Cook until the onion turns soft.
Add the red chilli paste and saute for a couple of minutes.
Add 1 cup water, salt, vinegar, soya sauce, tomato ketchup, black pepper powder and simmer for 5 minutes or till desired consistency.
Check and adjust seasonings if need be.
Cool completely before storing in the fridge